Click image for outfit details
As we all may know its Fall and the best thing about the fashion is the cool outerwear and the rich hues. For the next couple of weeks I plan on highlighting this seasons richly saturated colors and give you different color options to pair and prints to enhance the richness. This week I decided to wear the color olive green to go out with friends! It’s one of my favorites because I love the away it compliments my skin tone. As olive is warm in its undertone, it’s an ideal neutral that teams well with brown, navy, cream, orange, coral, warm blues, camel and more.
Here are a couple tips when dressed in olive:
1. Mix with other warm tones: Olive is a warm color , so mixing with other colors of similar intensity or even brighter would pair perfectly. Try mixing with orange, burgundy, navy and green- trust me you would be surprised how awesome it looks!
2. Mix with cooler tones: Sometimes adding a little lightness to break up the intensity is a great idea try mixing in colors like light pink and yellow.
3. Make a statement with a print: Mixing a navy and white stripe top or any warm toned animal print would be a great look to emphasize on the beauty of the color.
4. Give it a feminine twist: Olive green is most definitely synonymous to the military, but it doesn’t mean that every silhouette is masculine. Target the silhouette that softens the color and highlight your best features i.e, skirts, sheer tops and dresses.
5. Go full army babe: If this is your style go for it! Aim for items with cargo pockets, oversized frames and full of detail. Since its Fall add a new olive cargo jacket to any look.