Denim has always been an everyday symbol of style, even in the Winter because now you have your Denim Jacket.
The temperature has dropped and the snow keeping falling and one thing is for sure we can always count on a great pair of denim to stay warm, but we too often ditch the denim jacket for the stereotypical winter coat or fall coat. Without any thought we never think of the denim jacket as a pivotal piece for the winter, but I say we’ve been thinking about it all wrong. Here is a few tips on how to where it and tips when shopping for a winter denim jacket.
- Try out a new denim jacket trend – We all know that there is a new rendition of every old trend and I think it’s about time that we spice up the traditional denim jacket. Opt for a oversized, fur collar, embroidered or shearling version. This will take our look to the next level and may even had warm instead of doing too much layering.
- Hoodie under the jacket – Sometimes the best casual look is to pair that hoodie with a your denim jacket giving you a real athletic look and feel.
- Wear it with boots and a fluffy scarf or snood – Since it’s winter this is a no brainer but sometimes a friendly reminder never hurts.
- With a dress and tights to go for an off duty model look – The simple dress and jacket will give you a cool yet chic off duty model look that can be worn anywhere from date night or a night on the town.
- Go for an oversized denim jacket to wear as many layers as possible – Sometime sticking to watch you know is best and less expensive but try wear your oversized denim jacket and layer it for maximum warmth during this cold season.
For my look I decided to keep it simple and sexy! I purchased this amazing Ralph Lauren denim trench coat from this swanky vintage shop in the city and I paired it with black cigarette pants and a reversible crop top. This definitely will be my got when I am aiming to look effortless, casual and cute.
Check out some amazing options below: